Switch Kit Available Online
Shell Switch Kit, A guide to switching your accounts easily.
Thank you for taking the first step in switching your account to Shell Community FCU. Just start by following the steps below. We're happy to have you with us!
- Join the credit union by first opening a savings account with a minimum of $5.00 (must live, work or attend school in Madison County, IL)
- Funds can be transferred from existing account in the form of cash, personal checks or cashier's checks.
- Credit union account is now open and available for use.
- Send Shell Community FCU direct deposit form to your employer and any other sources of direct deposit or automatic withdrawals.
- Make sure all checks have cleared your old checking account.
- Leave enough funds in your old checking account to cover any service fees, checks or automatic withdrawals still outstanding.
- With everything directed to your Shell Community FCU account, you will be able to close the account with the other institution providing all the outstanding checks have cleared and all service fees have been deducted.
- Contact your previous institution for procedures on closing the account.
- You may access this check off list and other useful information through the links to our printable PDF documents. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the credit union during normal business hours at (618) 254-0605.
- Guide to Switching Your Account
- Account Closure Request
- Authorization Agreement Direct Deposit
- Automatic Payment Changes
The Switch Kit documents use the Adobe Acrobat Reader Format (.PDF). If you don't have Adobe Acrobat, click the icon to download it.